While Volkswagen was exploring the Crafter camper van concept of the future, Knaus was busy moving its own Crafter-based camper van from concept to reality. After showing one of the first camper van conversions based on the new Crafter, the Saint & Sinner concept, Knaus has proceeded with the production Boxdrive camper, and it’s no longer calling it a camper van but a CUV – that is, caravanning utility vehicle. We’re not sure it breaks the mold into its own vehicle category, but the Boxdrive is a roomy, versatile VW camper van with tech in all the right places.
- SpaceCamper rearranges the Volkswagen camper van for light, open design
- Compact, multi-personality camper van makes easy work of outdoor living
- Revel 4×4 camper van charts a new course for Winnebago
- Mercedes-based Hymer Van S motorhome promises a compact but comfy holiday
- ModVans turns the Ford Transit into a modular, modern camper van
- Volkswagen upsizes California camper van with XXL concept