“Mini-brains” grown in the lab have proven to be useful models of the real thing, giving researchers an accurate neuroscience platform without testing on animals. Now, a team of scientists from Brazil have doped the mini-brains with a form of the psychedelic drug DMT, to study the effects on neural pathways.
.. Continue Reading Lab-grown mini-brains dosed with DMT to study psychedelic effects
- Yellow fever decimating howler monkeys in Brazil
- Brazil starts screening transfusion blood for Zika virus
- Geckos rapidly evolve bigger heads in response to human activity
- HIV and the common cold in the firing line of potential new treatment for viral disease
- The key to OCD treatment may be a single protein
- Brazilian researchers develop new anti-inflammatory for severe pain