Captain Eugene “Gene” Cernan, the last man to leave the Moon, has passed away at the age of 82. A holder of multiple space records, Cernan was Commander of the Apollo 17 mission in 1972, one of only 12 astronauts to walk on Moon – of which only six survive – and a staunch US space program advocate. He passed away today after unspecified ongoing health issues. He is survived by his wife Jan Nanna Cernan, his daughter, son-in-law, two step-daughters and nine grandchildren.
.. Continue Reading Last man to walk on the Moon dies at age 82
- Apollo 14 astronaut Captain Edgar Dean “Ed” Mitchell dies at age 85
- US pioneering astronaut John Glenn dies
- Vale: The Mother of Television
- Electronic Music Pioneer Bob Moog Dies
- Mercury 7 astronaut Scott Carpenter dies aged 88
- Vera Rubin, “mother” of dark matter, passes away