Solar power is potentially the greatest single energy source outside of controlled nuclear fusion, but the Sun is literally a fair weather source that relies on daytime and clear skies. To make solar energy a reliable, 24-hour source of energy, a team of scientists at Sweden’s Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg is developing a liquid energy storage medium that can not only release energy from the Sun on demand, but is also transportable.
.. Continue Reading Liquid energy storage system gets the “MOST” out of the Sun
- Flexible material puts full-color e-paper on display
- Smooth-moving robots cut energy consumption
- 3D-printed objects created entirely from wood cellulose
- Graphene gets even cooler
- Discovery shines a light on potential cure for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Invisible patterns could thwart clothing counterfeiters