Last year, Lockheed Martin began testing a new tactical laser turret for future warplanes. After 60 test flights Lockheed says the 360° capability of the turret system has been verified, moving the technology a step closer to deployment on tactical aircraft flying at near-supersonic speeds.
.. Continue Reading Lockheed Martin completes 60 tests of laser turret for high-speed warplanes
- Lockheed Martin begins manufacturing vehicle-mounted laser weapon
- Lockheed Martin laser weapon takes out truck
- Many lasers become one in Lockheed Martin’s 30 kW fiber laser
- Turret flight tests to pave the way for laser weapons on military aircraft
- Laser weapon adds sea-going craft to its list of conquests
- New “scalable effects” warhead demonstrated in flight test