Despite new materials and efforts to improve fuel economy, most cars are significantly heavier now than equivalent models from a few decades ago, due to a greater focus on safety and luxuries modern buyers now expect. There is, of course, one notable exception to the rule. Lotus doesn’t sell many cars, but its whole range adheres to the simplify, then add lightness philosophy of founder Colin Chapman, and the Elise Sprint is no exception.
.. Continue Reading Lotus takes even lighter touch with new Elise Sprint
- Carbon and titanium lighten the load for driver-focused Lotus Evora 400
- Lotus Elise Race 250 is race-ready out of the box
- Lotus adds new, lighter Elise models
- Lotus Exige goes on a diet, with the Sport 350
- Lotus celebrates 20th birthday of the Elise with special edition
- Hennessey Venom GT claims fastest production car run of 265.7 mph