When it comes to moving simply but effectively through a liquid medium, few things are as good as sperm. This fact isn’t lost on scientists, who have built tiny sperm-like robots (or even used “hijacked” sperm) in efforts to create new methods of targeted drug delivery, among other potential applications. The latest such endeavor has resulted in a batch of microrobots known as MagnetoSperm.
.. Continue Reading MagnetoSperm could find use in drug delivery, or even baby-making
- Remote-controlled spermbots could be used to fertilize eggs
- Tiny aquatic bio-bots swim like sperm and are powered by heart cells
- Is ultrasound the future of male contraception?
- Intermittent drug delivery system using magnetism and nanotechnology
- Lab-on-a-chip counts and sorts sperm
- Tiny robots in the eye may save patients’ sight