Robot band Compressorhead has already proven itself more than capable of rocking festival crowds, but its players merely pound out pre-programmed cover songs. Maybe it’s time to add a marimba playing bot to the line up, one that uses deep learning to create its own compositions and then bash them out on the wooden blocks. Researchers at the Georgia Institute of Technology have developed just such a robot, and its name is Shimon.
.. Continue Reading Marimba-playing robot composes and hammers out its own tunes
- Hammer Jammer brings a percussive twist to playing guitar
- Digital hand drum pounds the beat with acoustic-like expression
- Review: Laying down some beats with BeatBuddy’s baby brother
- BeatBuddy drummer in a stomp gets a baby brother
- Roland merges traditional and modern with hybrid cajón
- Yamaha’s motorcycle designers make some (musical) noise