NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) has detected deposits of impact glass on the Red Planet that may provide a fresh avenue for investigating the question of whether life ever existed there. The hope is that glass forged in the intense conditions created by an asteroid impact may have preserved microscopic signs of life, as it has here on Earth.
Continue Reading Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter detects impact glass
- Beagle-2 spacecraft discovered on Martian surface
- NASA orbiter discovers new Martian crater
- NASA Mars probes watch comet near-miss
- New evidence of groundwater-fed lake on Mars
- NASA prepares Mars orbiters for comet close encounter
- NASA Orbiter reveals evidence of Martian mega flood