When NASA’s Mars 2020 rover touches down on the Red Planet in February 2021, its manifest will contain something never seen before off Earth – a helicopter. The product of over four years of design, redesign, and testing, the Mars Helicopter is a small, autonomous rotorcraft about the size of softball and weighing in at less than 4 lb (1.8 kg). It has the potential to revolutionize the study of other planets by introducing robotic heavier-than-air aerial vehicles to the task of deep space exploration.
.. Continue Reading “Marscopter” to provide bird’s-eye view of the Red Planet
- Bell leverages V-22 experience for new V-247 Vigilant unmanned tilt-rotor
- Maiden flight for Bell V-280 Valor tilt-rotor
- Bell V-280 Valor tiltrotor revs to full power
- Pilot-optional helicopter and drones work together to fight fires and rescue “missing” person
- Royal Navy gets new eyes in the skies
- Boeing unveils MH-139 helicopter to replace Huey