Shots fired: Yamaha has come gunning for super-nakeds like the BMW S1000R and the Aprilia Tuono with a new naked R1 that’s a far cry from the tasty-looking FZ1 or years past. The MT-10 is ugly, squat and nasty, as reflected by the fact it’s going to roll into the MT model line. With a retuned version of the crossplane-crankshaft R1 superbike engine providing the boogie, the focus will be on fun, but Yamaha has also chosen to throw in a cruise control system.
.. Continue Reading MT-10: Yamaha gets delightfully ugly with its new naked R1
- Yamaha unveils MotoGP-inspired, 200-horsepower R1 and R1M for 2015
- Yamaha YXZ1000R adds supersport performance to Side-by-Side line-up
- Yamaha announces fresh batch of the R1M plus special YZF-R1 anniversary model
- Kawasaki’s 200-hp H2 Ninja – the fastest accelerating motorcycle ever
- Yamaha set to release world’s quickest motorcycle
- Yamaha introduces its “best stage piano to date,” the CP4 Stage