With blinds and curtains in front of our windows, we usually have to choose between light and privacy, but inching ever closer to reality is “smart glass,” which can toggle its opacity as needed. Electricity is usually the trigger, but now a University of Pittsburgh team has developed a new type of glass that can switch between hazy and clear in seconds – just add water.
.. Continue Reading “Nanograss” glass turns clear or cloudy on command – just add water
- Waterproof wheelchair is powered by air
- Robotic arm gives quadriplegic man a new sense of touch
- Bioengineered mouse heart gets a beat using human cells
- Is social media keeping you awake?
- CRISPR gene-editing tool targets cancer’s “command center”
- A fishy solution to restoring the heart’s regenerative abilities