More details have been revealed about the X-37B spaceplane’s upcoming OTV-4 mission. When it launches on May 20 from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, the (not entirely) secret X-37B will carry a NASA experiment called Materials Exposure and Technology Innovation in Space (METIS) designed to test new materials for use in future spacecraft.
.. Continue Reading NASA to fly material testing experiment on X-37B spaceplane
- SpaceX signs landing pad agreement with US Air Force
- Hall ion thrusters to fly on X-37B spaceplane
- US Air Force awaiting landing of X-37B after top-secret space mission
- ESA postpones experimental spaceplane launch
- X-37B returns to orbit
- NASA puts Orion spacecraft’s backup parachutes to the test