NASA’s Global-Scale Observations of the Limb and Disk (GOLD) instrument was launched into orbit earlier today atop an Ariane 5 rocket, with a mission to shed light on how the uppermost layers of Earth’s atmosphere can be affected by powerful space and Earth-based weather events.
.. Continue Reading NASA’s GOLD successfully launched into orbit to study Earth’s atmosphere
- Space weather pegged as possible cause of mysterious Martian plumes
- Scientists are using data from a fallen satellite to improve orbital decay predictions
- Ionospheric Connection Explorer mission gets green light for development
- NASA study looks to the ionosphere to improve GPS communications
- Supersonic plasma jets discovered in Earth’s upper atmosphere
- University student maps plasma tubes in the sky