NASA may get back into manned spaceflight sooner than thought. At the direction of NASA Acting Administrator Robert Lightfoot, a study is being conducted into feasibility of placing a crew of two on the first integrated flight of the Space Launch System (SLS) rocket and the Orion spacecraft, Exploration Mission-1 (EM-1), in 2019.
.. Continue Reading NASA’s next Orion flight could be manned
- NASA puts the shakes on Orion astronauts
- Navy practices Orion crew module recovery
- NASA adds shiny thermal coat to Orion
- Orion capsule swaps glass windows for plastic
- Final ground test of launch booster for NASA’s Journey to Mars a success
- Food bars for astronauts’ most important meal of the day