Needles are usually seen as a necessary evil, but maybe they don’t have to be. Plenty of painless alternatives are in the works, like microneedle patches, a laser-based device that pushes drugs through the skin as microjets of liquid, and a refined hypodermic design based on a mosquito’s proboscis. Now, a pain-free jet-injection device has emerged from development limbo with a commercialization deal that should see it soon hit the market.
.. Continue Reading Needle-free injection device moves closer to market
- Jet-spray pill provides painless oral alternative to the needle
- Double-barreled attack shows potential in quest for cancer vaccine
- Heroin vaccine comes a step closer to human use
- Portable kit could put vaccines in the frontline – just add water
- Malaria vaccine candidate shown to prevent thousands of cases
- First Zika vaccine to enter human trials