The SETI Institute, in partnership with French startup Unistellar, wants to up the game for amateur astronomers by marketing a new small telescope that acts as a crowd-sourcing instrument. The Unistellar eVscope is a computerized 4.5-in (11.4-cm) reflecting telescope that combines advanced optics with networking technology that allows amateurs to work together on observation campaigns feeding a central database.
.. Continue Reading Networked eVscope would crowd-source amateur astronomy
- Could mysterious radio signals be from ET?
- Astronomers discover tiny, planet-sized star
- Surprise asteroid to give Earth a Halloween flyby
- Third and final Supermoon to round out 2016 this week
- Restless star pushes water snow line into view
- Hubble observes vast gas cloud set to collide with the Milky Way