A team of scientists from Britain and China have developed a new ceramic material that could one day make hypersonic air travel a reality. The ceramic carbide coating can withstand the high temperatures of flying at over five times the speed of sound without the degradation found in similar materials.
.. Continue Reading New ceramic brings hypersonic travel closer to reality
- New 3D printing technology creates stronger ceramics
- Multiple bends won’t crack this lightweight, paper-like, flexible ceramic
- Tough-as-nails ceramic inspired by mother-of-pearl
- Affordable, lightweight ceramic/aluminum brake rotors developed
- Ceramic sponges can take the pressure – and the heat
- Ancient Egyptian faience may be key to printing 3D ceramics