Observations carried out by NASA’s Swift and Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array (NuSTAR) space telescopes may have located the source of intense X-ray bursts emitted by supermassive black holes. According to NASA, the phenomenon can be attributed to a component of a black hole known as a corona.
.. Continue Reading New study sheds light on source of mysterious black hole flares
- WISE discovers brightest galaxy in the universe
- Space telescopes uncover supermassive black hole winds
- Close encounter with a supermassive black hole
- Dwarf galaxy suggests black holes may be more common than previously thought
- Black hole doughnut theory cast into doubt
- Orbital telescopes detect increased activity from the supermassive black hole at the heart of the Milky Way