Stem cells have incredible potential for regenerative medicine, but getting hold of them in large enough numbers can be tricky. Amniotic fluid may be a plentiful source, and now scientists from Lund University in Sweden have developed a method and device that can collect the fluid during delivery of a baby by caesarean section, to safely harvest large amounts of stem cells.
.. Continue Reading New technique enables harvesting of stem cells during a caesarian
- Our c-section success might be giving us big heads
- Vitamin D deficiency during pregnancy linked to autism
- Artificial womb to give premature babies a better start
- VR lets expecting parents tour the womb for an early meeting with their unborn fetus
- How being born in January can increase your risk for diabetes
- Doctors can now use an app to better predict preterm birth risk