Scientists from the Carnegie Institution for Science and the Gemini Observatory have reported the existence of a new member of our solar system. The distant dwarf planet, dubbed 2012 VP113, is believed to be one of thousands of distant objects that make up the hypothesized “inner Oort cloud.” .. Continue Reading Newly-discovered dwarf planet pushes back the edge of the Solar System
- Astronomers get their first close look at dwarf planet Makemake
- First Earth-size planets discovered beyond our solar system
- The solar system no longer has nine planets
- Comet may give Mars a close shave – or a razor burn – in 2014
- First rogue planet discovered
- Will Comet PANSTAARS be a peacock or a piker?