The hunt for exoplanets enters a new phase as European Southern observatory’s (ESO) Echelle SPectrograph for Rocky Exoplanet and Stable Spectroscopic Observations (ESPRESSO) achieves first light at the agency’s Very Large Telescope (VLT) in Chile. The next-generation spectrograph will not only make it possible to detect Earth-like planets, but will also allow the VLT to fulfill its operational potential.
.. Continue Reading Next-gen exoplanet-hunting spectrograph achieves first light
- Earth-like planets may not be very Earth-like
- New exoplanet-hunting camera fires up in Chile
- Massive exoplanet discovery challenges theories on planetary formation
- Kepler spots 219 new exoplanet candidates, 10 near Earth-size
- Volunteers find new system of four super-Earths within hours
- Spitzer Space Telescope confirms nearest rocky planet