Lockheed Martin and NASA recently fired up the power systems on the latest Orion crew module. The second Orion capsule slated for spaceflight and the first to be man-rated, this initial power-up at the Neil Armstrong Operations and Checkout Facility at the Kennedy Space Center, Florida marks the first time that the spacecraft’s vehicle management computers and the power and data units were installed and brought online.
.. Continue Reading Next Orion crew capsule powers up for the first time
- Full-scale cislunar habitat prototype to be built from old Space Shuttle cargo container
- Lockheed Martin plans manned Mars Base Camp for 2028
- Orion arrives at Kennedy Space Center
- First images from Lockheed’s experimental, telescope-shrinking SPIDER
- LM-100J Super Hercules to debut at Paris Air Show
- The F-35 fighter completes 100,000 flight hours