With no chute, no wingsuit and a big net awaiting somewhere far below, lifelong skydiver and certified madman Luke Aikens tumbled out of the airplane to begin his 25,000-ft freefall. Two minutes later he would embrace his family as the first skydiver to pull off such a feat, but the daring world record attempt wasn’t without some last-minute complications.
.. Continue Reading No parachute, no problem: Maniacal skydiver nets world-record freefall
- Skydiver to plummet to Earth with no parachute or wingsuit
- Google exec sets new high-altitude skydiving world record
- Iron Man meets Star Trek: Space diving suit in development
- Felix Baumgartner breaks record for high-altitude skydiving
- Recon Instruments’ GPS goggles go skydiving
- “Fearless Felix” approaches speed of sound in second Red Bull Stratos jump