Skidmore, Owings & Merrill is behind the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, so obviously knows a thing or two about building big. New York City’s One World Trade Center shows that the firm is also pretty handy at building green too, and the western hemisphere’s tallest building was recently awarded LEED Gold certification (a major green building code) in recognition of its sustainable design.
.. Continue Reading One World Trade Center is big on green design
- Beijing tower reflects on energy efficiency with trapezoidal glass facade
- Researchers create a 3D-printed vehicle that can power a 3D-printed home (and vice versa)
- Garden-topped megatower shoots for the stars
- World’s second-tallest skyscraper completed in Shanghai
- The kilometer-high club: World’s tallest skyscraper a step closer to completion
- China’s tallest building on the rise