Canadian-based aviation firm Opener Inc. has unveiled its new BlackFly single-seater aircraft, which it bills as a Personal Aerial Vehicle (PAV) and the world’s first ultralight all-electric fixed-wing Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft. The fully-amphibious drop-shaped flyer with fore and aft wings sporting eight electric motors has a range of 25 mi (40 km) and a top speed of 62 mph (100 km/h).
- Kitty Hawk autonomous flying taxi officially unveiled
- Uber flags future of flying taxis with flashy new concepts
- Lilium plans five-seater air taxi after successful unmanned flight
- Version 3.0 of Aeromobil flying car unveiled
- Jetpack pioneer David Mayman’s new electric VTOL flying car project
- Elevate: Uber plans to add 170-mph VTOL flying taxis to its on-demand transport mix