A new type of medical device could one day put the minds of chronic pain sufferers at ease by distributing the body’s own natural pain relief signals at just the right time. Developed at Linköping University in Sweden, the tiny “ion pump” is made from organic electronics and could be implanted in patients, serving to cut off pain signals in the spinal chord before they make their way to the brain.
.. Continue Reading Organic ion transistor blocks pain signals from reaching the brain
- Identification of trigger for severe cancer pain to expand pain relief options
- Implanted micropump could deliver epilepsy drugs right into the brain
- Scientists identify promising off-switch for chronic pain
- Scientists find way to block opioid addiction without affecting pain relief
- Hydrogel could dispense pain-killing medicine to joints as they move
- Prototype device could make getting needles a Comfortably Numb experience