DARPA has put its Towed Airborne Lift of Naval Systems to the test off the coast of California. Towed behind the Anti-Submarine Warfare Continuous Trail Unmanned Vessel, TALONS extends the range of radar and sensors by elevating them up to 1,500 ft above the water.
.. Continue Reading Parasailing payload extends sensor range of DARPA’s autonomous boat
- Sea Hunter unmanned sub chaser completes first sea trials
- New Radar Scope offers X-ray vision
- DARPA gives Northrop Grumman nod to develop unmanned VTOL flying wing for small US Navy ships
- TALONS effectively gives ships of all sizes skyscraper-tall masts
- Northrop Grumman set to develop tail-down UAV for DARPA’s Tern program
- Radar tech pierces the powder to reveal avalanche innards