Global Aerospace Corporation (GAC) is set to reveal its concept to land an unmanned spacecraft on the dwarf planet. The “Pluto Hop, Skip and Jump” mission concept that will be presented at the 2017 NASA Innovative Advanced Concepts (NIAC) Symposium in Denver on Monday would not only land on Pluto, but autonomously hop hundreds of kilometers from one spot to another as it explores the frozen surface.
.. Continue Reading Pluto lander concept would hop hundreds of kilometers in a single bound
- Astronomers consult the underworld to name Pluto’s first features
- How Pluto’s atmosphere is spared by a moon shield
- Slushy subsurface ocean could resolve a long-standing Plutonian mystery
- Travel to Pluto and “land” on its surface, in new NASA video
- New Horizons reveals new Pluto mysteries
- Latest New Horizons images show puzzling spots along Pluto’s equator