Influential musician Neil Young says that in the pursuit of the convenience offered by wireless streaming, or storing large catalogs of songs on pocket-sized devices, we have sacrificed the quality of the music, and by extension our overall listening experience. But a belief that the two need not be mutually exclusive has led Young to conceive a system called PonoMusic, which he believes will afford digital music listeners the ease and accessibility of today and the audio quality of yesteryear. .. Continue Reading PonoMusic promises audiophile-pleasing portable digital music
- iTunes changes: more DRM-free music, three-tiered pricing and iPhone downloads over 3G
- iTunes ditches DRM, adds free educational content
- SanDisk evaluating 12GB microSDHC memory card
- Bose announces SoundLink wireless music system
- Tape Dock transfers songs from cassette tapes to iPhone, iPod touch, and computer
- Are iPods killing music perception?