After a decade and a half of Audi dominance at Circuit de la Sarthe, Porsche has scored a convincing 1-2 victory in this year’s Le Mans 24 hour. The #19 Porsche 919 Hybrid with its unorthodox turbocharged V4 engine proved too reliable for the Audi R18 e-tron, which set a new in-race lap record but couldn’t recover laps lost to mechanical problems.
Continue Reading Porsche claims victory at Le Mans
- Toyota wins “battle of hybrids” and World Endurance Drivers Title
- Audi wins the 2014 Le Mans 24 Hour war
- Audi’s turbodiesel, electric flywheel hybrid, all-wheel drive prototype race car
- Toyota TS040 draws first blood in modern-day battle of the hybrids
- Mercedes-Benz branding changes reflect F1 dominance
- Porsche unveils high-tech 918 facility