Project Loon is an audacious concept dreamt up in Google’s secretive X lab to connect remote regions of the world through high-flying communications balloons. Now headed up by Google’s parent company, Alphabet, the balloons have been green-lighted to take flight over Puerto Rico as the island still reels from the devastation of Hurricanes Irma and Maria.
.. Continue Reading Project Loon balloons to connect storm-ravaged Puerto Rico
- Government initiative gives Google the go-ahead to test delivery drones in the US
- Hello Waymo: Google spins off self-driving car project into new company
- Alphabet spinoff heats and cools the home with geothermal energy
- Verily’s smartwatch gathers health data for research
- KFC chicken headed to the stratosphere in a space balloon
- Google’s drones to deliver Chipotle burritos in upcoming trials