Decades before the age of megatall skyscrapers like the Burj Khalifa, Chicago boasted bragging rights as home of the world’s tallest skyscraper with the Willis Tower (aka Sears Tower). However, if Perkins+Will’s new project comes to fruition, the city may look forward to getting back in the record books with the world’s tallest timber skyscraper.
.. Continue Reading Proposed timber tower shoots high into Chicago’s sky
- Seeds planted for London’s first wooden skyscraper
- Elastic Woodscraper II has towering ambitions
- Futuristic observation tower approved for Dubai Creek Harbour
- NBBJ imagines ice skating on the River Thames
- Plan hatched to build modern successor to Colossus of Rhodes
- WilkinsonEyre proposes mixed-use skyscraper for Melbourne