To help develop the next generation of both spacesuits and astronauts, non-profit research organization Project Polar Suborbital Science in the Upper Mesosphere (PoSSUM) is preparing to conduct splashdown tests of a new commercial spacesuit, with the help of ten student and citizen scientist-astronaut candidates. The education organization will use a full-scale glass fiber and aluminum mock-up of NASA’s Orion crew capsule for tests of Final Frontier Design‘s third generation Intra-Vehicular Activity (3G IVA) spacesuits, starting next month.
.. Continue Reading Prototype emergency spacesuits face first splashdown tests
- SpaceX Mars mission will fly on methane
- A closer look at the Malloy Aeronautics Hoverbike
- US Army’s hoverbike takes flight
- Malloy Aeronautics is developing its Hoverbike for the US Department of Defense
- Drone version of Quadrotor Hoverbike hits Kickstarter
- Fashion on the final frontier: The story of the spacesuit