In the early days of spaceflight, every new satellite was a one off. Today, satellites are produced in classes, but each new mission still needs a satellite that’s individually configured for its role. With the goal of creating a next-generation universal satellite, ESA, Eutelsat, and Airbus Defence & Space have signed an agreement to develop the first fully reconfigurable Quantum satellite.
.. Continue Reading Quantum satellite reconfigures itself in orbit
- UK consortium proposes mission to provide five-day warning of solar storms
- Swiss company aims to fly satellites into space
- ESA sets its sights on harpooning space debris
- Startup helps you build your very own picosatellite on a budget
- ESA transmits satellite images in near real-time via Space Data Highway
- European aircraft passengers to receive high-speed in-flight internet access