The VR brain trust – including consumers, developers, engineers and evangelists – agree that today’s best virtual reality experiences are being tethered, both literally and figuratively, by a reliance on cables. Researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) have just announced a solution with possible industry-wide implications.
.. Continue Reading Researchers at MIT cut the VR cord
- New VR developments from Oculus stoke anticipation for Touch controllers
- Oculus Rift still set for Q1 2016 launch, with pre-orders starting soon after the new year
- Oculus Rift pre-orders open on Wednesday
- Original Oculus Rift Kickstarter backers will get the consumer version for free
- Oculus Touch controllers for Rift now expected to launch in mid/late 2016
- Oculus Rift’s recommended specs include Nvidia GTX 970 graphics card