In a conventional arms race, amassing the most advanced intel and weaponry is one way to stay ahead of the enemy. However in the ongoing evolutionary battle between host cells and viruses, scientists in Spain have found that the answer to advancing in this war could lie in taking a step back in time – all the way to the early beginnings of life.
.. Continue Reading Resurrecting ancient proteins to foil the attack plans of viruses
- Citrus peels could give activated charcoal a run for its money
- Tech can tell if you’re in love
- Chocolate lovers rejoice: More chocolate means less body fat
- Dynamic duo could quickly identify deadly bacteria in hospitals
- Tiny robots in the eye may save patients’ sight
- UAVs and open source software combine to digitize historical buildings in 3D