Scaled Composites took the wraps off its Model 401 experimental plane as it recently completed its roll out and maiden flight. The aircraft, which was developed in secret by the wholly owned Northrop Grumman subsidiary for an unnamed client, took to the air on Wednesday as part of a program to demonstrate the company’s advanced, low-cost manufacturing techniques.
.. Continue Reading Scaled Composites new X-plane takes to the skies
- Cobalt’s Valkyrie: Bruce Wayne’s new private plane?
- NASA wants to bring back X-planes to test new aviation technologies
- Super-thin wing design cuts fuel costs in half
- DARPA VTOL X-plane takes flight in miniature
- Maiden flight for Japan’s X-2 stealth fighter prototype
- DARPA’s unmanned X-Plane packs electric fans aplenty for vertical take-off and landing