Perhaps you sleep on a memory foam mattress. Well, in the future, a similar material could be used to create artificial body parts. Researchers at Cornell University recently used their new “elastomer foam” to build a functioning fluid pump that looks and works like a human heart.
.. Continue Reading Scientists create a pumping artificial heart – using foam
- Youbionic developing low-cost 3D-printed bionic hand
- Low-cost prosthetic arm protects itself (and its user) from burns
- FDA gives approval for DEKA prosthetic arm controlled by muscle impulses
- Scientists use 3D printer and cartilage cells to create artificial ears
- Low-cost prosthetic knee could let the impoverished walk normally
- Tactile robot finger outperforms humans in identifying textures