One annoying fact of life is losing teeth. Since humans only get two sets of teeth, losing an adult dinner grinder means either going without or replacing it with a substitute made of something like ceramic or metal. A more natural solution is the subject of a project by a team of scientists in Japan that is working on growing multiple, fully-functional teeth and implanting them in mice.
.. Continue Reading Scientists grow new implantable teeth for mice
- Robear robot care bear designed to serve Japan’s aging population
- Fujitsu starts shipping 10 petaflop supercomputer
- Starting with one mouse, scientists create 581 successive clones
- Near-transparent mice could improve understanding of organs and tissues
- NES robot mash-up competes in robo boxing tournament
- Researchers attempting to clone a mammoth by 2017