It’s one of the great environmental ironies of aquaculture – although the fish themselves come from farms, the food that they’re raised on still contains wild-caught fish. A few years ago, however, a study showed that prawns could be fed microbes instead of fish byproducts. Now, a more recent study has concluded the same thing about tilapia, one of the most farmed fish in the world.
.. Continue Reading Scientists take the fish out of fish food
- eFishery fish farm feeder dispenses feed based on fish hunger levels
- Aqualibrium uses fish to grow plants, and plants to grow fish
- Could triple-decker floating farms address future food issues?
- ECO-Cycle kit grows greens and cleans aquarium water
- Study finds the Lee Harvey Oswald backyard photo to be authentic
- Transgenic trout given body-builder physique with six-pack abs