Students from Ghent University in Belgium have developed a six-legged floor crawler that’s sure to leave its mark on those it comes into contact with. The Scorpion Hexapod, which wouldn’t look too out of place in the robotic menagerie of German automation technology company Festo, fires its stinger at the hand of anyone covering its eyes, leaving a red mark as a reminder of the encounter.
.. Continue Reading Scorpion Hexapod has a sting in its tail
- 3D-printed ear, bone and muscle structures come to life after implantation in mice
- THESBOT pipe-inspecting robot goes where the sun don’t shine
- 3D printing of living tissues is easier and cheaper with BioBots
- Streamlined shell helps robo-roach slip past obstacles
- New 3D printing technology creates stronger ceramics
- Used snack bags can now be recycled into whatever you design