Skipping stones across water may seem like an innocent children’s pastime, but the science behind it has helped to win more than one war. Now, researchers at Utah State University’s (USU) College of Engineering are uncovering new insights into the physics of these kinds of water impacts that could have wide applications in the fields of naval, maritime, and ocean engineering.
.. Continue Reading Secrets of water-skipping revealed
- Metal foams could provide lightweight radiation shielding
- Scientists create a “water tractor beam”
- Massless particle discovery could radically accelerate electronics
- New simulation creates a universe with galaxies just like the real deal
- So you think YOU’RE confused about quantum mechanics?
- “Solid” light reveals new insights about quantum mechanics