Researchers at Siemens have created a new prototype electric motor specifically designed for aircraft that weighs in at just 50 kg (110 lb) and is claimed to produce about 260 kW (348 hp) at just 2,500 RPM. With a quoted power five times greater than any comparable powerplant, the new motor promises enough grunt to get aircraft with take-off weights of up to 1,800 kg (2 ton) off the ground.
.. Continue Reading Siemens’ world-record electric aircraft motor punches above its weight
- The 30 hp Aquawatt – the world’s most powerful electric outboard motor
- Hybrid-electric aircraft takes to the skies
- GM shows 85 kW permanent magnet EV motor
- The quietest Orange County Chopper yet: the electric Siemens Smart Chopper
- BMW’s Electric-Booster Research Engine
- eSpyder electric aircraft goes on sale for under $40K