When a person’s skin is burnt or otherwise injured, part of the body’s healing process involves boosting oxygen levels in the damaged tissue. If doctors treating such injuries know how high those levels are, then they can determine how quickly and thoroughly the skin is healing. In order to help them obtain that information without having to remove the wound dressing, an international team of scientists has created a glowing paint-on bandage.
.. Continue Reading "Smart" bandage glows to indicate how wounds are healing
- New silicone plaster promotes wound healing
- Color-changing, heat-sensitive bandage indicates infection
- Scab-inspired wound dressing speeds healing
- SmartAid Bandage to provide next generation wound care
- Color changing dressing to indicate infections
- Dissolving wound dressing could vastly improve treatment for burns victims