Solar planes have already traversed the Alps and flown around the world, but one team has its sights set a little higher: the edge of space. SolarStratos is planning to fly a solar-powered plane to an altitude of over 80,000 ft (24,000 m), from where the curvature of the Earth as well as daytime stars will be visible.
.. Continue Reading Solar-powered two-seater plane will soar to the edge of space
- Solar impulse 2 wraps up flight across US with Statue of Liberty flyover
- Sunseeker Duo makes first solar-powered passenger flight
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Hawaii
- Sunseeker Duo solar-powered airplane flies across the Alps – and back
- Solar-powered Sunseeker Duo takes flight
- Solar Impulse 2 takes flight for Europe