According to Britain’s Birmingham City University, over 810,000 office chairs are disposed of annually in the UK alone. Concerned by that waste, Birmingham product design student Thomas Howell-Jones came up with a way to help keep them out of the landfill – he’s using their back rests to make hard-shell backpacks.
.. Continue Reading Student-designed backpack finds new use for old chairs
Category: Good Thinking
- Plant “brains” use human-like process to decide when to sprout
- Multi-function antenna fits in laptop hinge
- Your old clothes won’t donate themselves to charity – or will they?
- XploR cane lets the blind track down family and friends
- BAE Systems is preparing to bring VR tech to the battlefield
- Hidden archeology of Stonehenge revealed in new geophysical map