One key front in the battle against Alzheimer’s is early detection of the disease. Breakthroughs in this area could open up more treatment options that are less imposing on the patient, and researchers have just reported a promising advance in the form of a blood test that could reveal signs of Alzheimer’s long before more obvious symptoms appear.
.. Continue Reading Study: Blood test for Alzheimer’s reveals harmful plaques in the brain
- Protein discovery sheds light on brain sediment behind Alzheimer’s disease
- Alzheimer’s may be prevented by antibody-releasing implant
- Shape-shifting proteins layered like a cake could set Alzheimer’s in motion
- Alzheimer’s causes more diverse than previously thought
- Protein successfully combats Alzheimer’s in mice
- Taking down Factor XII in the blood to fight Alzheimer’s