A team of researchers led by Stanford University’s professor Mark Z. Jacobson has produced an ambitious roadmap for converting the energy infrastructure of the US to run entirely on renewable energy in just 35 years. The study focuses on the wide-scale implementation of existing technologies such as wind, solar and geothermal solutions, claiming that the transition is both economically and technically possible within the given timeframe.
.. Continue Reading Study shows how the US could achieve 100 percent renewable energy by 2050
- New heat-recovery system makes Stanford one of world’s most energy-efficient uni’s
- New nanoparticle electrode could bolster large-scale storage of renewable energy
- Tin-based stanene could conduct electricity with 100 percent efficiency
- Smaller, faster, greener “high-rise” 3D chips are ready for Big Data
- New type of rechargeable battery – just add water
- EyeGo adapters let you perform eye exams with a smartphone