Bacteria are evolving resistance to antibiotics at an alarming rate, and according to a report released last year these so-called superbugs could kill 10 million people a year by 2050 if we don’t take action. One of the main issues is overprescription of antibiotics, and now a new test developed by scientists at Caltech could help doctors quickly prescribe the best type of antibiotic to fight a particular infection.
.. Continue Reading Superbug superweapon: Identifying antibiotic-resistant bacteria in 30 minutes
- New antimicrobial material joins fight against antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- Superbugs could kill 10 million people a year by 2050, report warns
- Scientists supercharge old antibiotic in fight against bacterial resistance
- WHO releases first-ever hit-list for antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- New superbug-fighting antibiotics found in human breast milk
- Penicillin-producing yeast raises hopes in superbug fight